Statutory review for the Border Groundwaters Agreement
The Agreement requires that at periods not greater than five years, the Border Groundwaters Agreement Review Committee must review the following management prescriptions as specified in the Agreement:
- the permissible distance from the border in relation to a particular zone, sub-zone or aquifer within a zone or sub-zone
- the permissible annual volume of extraction in relation to a particular zone of aquifer within a zone
- the allowable annual volume of extraction in relation to a particular sub-zone or aquifer within a sub-zone
- the permissible potentiometric surface lowering
- the permissible salinity (if any) that has been established.