The Pastoral Unit supports the Pastoral Board and the Minister for Climate, Environment and Water for the administration of the Pastoral Land Management and Conservation Act 1989.
The Pastoral Unit provides the following support:
- land condition assessments
- lease condition matters including investigating compliance issues
- lease tenure dealings (e.g. consents for transfers, mortgages, sub-leasing)
- maintaining operation of the Pastoral Board including communication to or from the board
- assistance and advice regarding access to pastoral leases (including public access routes and rights of access for Aboriginal persons).
Phone: (08) 8429 0333