Resources for business
There has never been a more important time to consider both the climate change risks to your business and the impact of your business on the environment.
With the effects of climate change being felt around the world, businesses are working toward actively managing their climate risks, whilst reducing their greenhouse gas emissions. It is smart business to take steps toward preparing your business for the impacts of climate change.
Climate risk management and greenhouse gas emissions reduction benefits us all, but more importantly benefits your business. These benefits include:
- increased revenue through attracting new customers and producing new products and services, reduced costs through changed behaviour in areas such as travel and energy use
- more engaged stakeholders such as:
- staff, who are attracted and retained in the business,
- customers, who are more loyal to the business, and
- investors, who are able to see that you are managing carbon emissions.
The list of resources below can help your business to manage climate risks, reduce emissions and provide tools to build climate resilience.
Department for Industry, Innovation and Science – Office for Small and Family Business
Resources that can help your business to reduce emissions
- Building Upgrade Finance – Environmental upgrade to non-residential buildings
- SA Government - Energy efficiency information and programs for businesses
- Carbon Neutral Adelaide
- Climate Active - Certification
- Australian Government - Emissions reduction fund
- Green Industries South Australia - Business Sustainability Program
- Australian Government - Information to support businesses to reduce their environmental impacts
- Enviro Data SA - Carbon planting guidelines
- ClimateWise.Org - resources helping all business, industry, professional, sports and community associations to be climate-ready and cut emissions
Resources to build your business climate resilience
- Local Government Association - Where we build what we build
- ASIC - Climate related financial disclosures
- Queensland Government - Managing climate risk
- Australian Government - Preparing your business for an emergency
- Australian Government - What to do in an emergency
- South Australian Government - Climate Science and Information
- Australian Government - Climate and drought
- Australian Government - Climate services for agriculture
- CSIRO – Climate resilient enterprises