Open navigation
Licences & permits

Water licence and permit forms

In response to COVID-19 we remain open for business, but the way we deliver our services and agency priorities will be done differently to ensure the wellbeing of our staff and community.

From Monday 13th April 2020 customers will be able to lodge their manual/hard copy application/s for water licensing transactions by email and will be contacted by a Water Licensing Officer for payment.

Forms can be downloaded from the Water Connect website (note, include your email address in this form).

Where possible letters and associated documents will be emailed directly to customers.

Customers can still contact the Water Licensing Branch for each area as listed below: 

Location Phone Team Email
Berri 8595 2053 Trade team
Berri 8595 2053 Data team
Adelaide 8463 6876 Trade team
Mount Gambier 8735 1134 Trade team

Please note: if your water application form is lodged after 2pm on 18 June 2021 there is no guarantee that the application will be determined in the 2020-2021 year.

Forms for specific prescribed water resources areas

To apply for a new licence, vary a current licence, transfer a licence and more, click on the relevant prescribed water resources area: 

Water meter forms

To provide a meter self-read, submit an online meter reading form.

To provide details about a new meter or a change to a meter, submit an online meter notification form.

Forms applicable throughout the state for specific purposes

To apply for one of the following activities, select the relevant form on the statewide page:

  • note or remove an interest in a water licence
  • drain or discharge water into a well
  • use imported water (except Clare Valley)
  • use effluent water
  • water meter test
  • well driller's licence application, renewal or variation
  • well construction permit. 

Contact your local water licence office

For more information about water licences and permits please contact us:

Office Contact Numbers

Prescribed Water Resource Areas managed by this office

(08) 8463 6876

McLaren Vale, Northern Adelaide Plains, Western Mount Lofty Ranges, Far North

(08) 8595 2053

River Murray, Angas Bremer, Eastern Mount Lofty Ranges, Mallee, Marne Saunders, Peake Roby and Sherlock, Clare Valley, Barossa Valley, Eyre Peninsula

Mount Gambier
(08) 8735 1134

Tatiara, Padthaway, Lower Limestone Coast, Tintinara-Coonalpyn, Morambro Creek & Nyroca Channel

Email (all areas):

Click here to view form.