camping permit banner

Water licence and permit forms

To apply for an activity relating to wells, well driller's licences, notations of interest, using effluent or imported water and general meter testing, please use a statewide form.

Find out whether you need to apply for a water licence or permit.

For questions about the forms phone:

  • water licence enquiries - (08) 8595 2053
  • water permit enquiries - (08) 8735 1134.

Permits and licences are required for the following water resources area because it is covered by a Water Allocation Plan (WAP). A WAP is a legal document that sets out the rules for managing the take and use of prescribed water resources areas to ensure resource sustainability. Find out more information about what a WAP is and why they are important.

Southern Basins and Musgrave

A1 Transfer water allocation
L3 Transfer of a water licence
L6 New water access entitlement

W1 New water resource works approval

W2 Vary water resource works approval

Note: The Department for Environment and Water no longer provides special meter reads and licence holders are now required to read and submit their own meter readings. To find out more about self-reads visit I need help to do a self-read. To lodge a self-read complete the Meter Reading Form.