camping permit banner

Water licence and permit forms

Download a form for the Clare Valley prescribed water resources area from the list below and apply using the instructions on the form.

To apply for an activity relating to wells, well driller's licences, notations of interest, using effluent or imported water and general meter testing, please use a statewide form.

Find out whether you need to apply for a water licence or permit.

For questions about the forms phone:

  • water licence enquiries (excluding the Clare Valley) - (08) 8463 6876
  • water licence enquiries regarding the Clare Valley - (08) 8595 2053
  • well permit enquiries - (08) 8735 1134.

Permits and licences are required for the following water resources area because it is covered by a Water Allocation Plan (WAP). A WAP is a legal document that sets out the rules for managing the take and use of prescribed water resources areas to ensure resource sustainability. Find out more information about what a WAP is and why they are important.

Clare Valley


New water licence

Transfer of a water licence

Transfer water allocation

Vary water licence

Note: The Department for Environment and Water no longer provides special meter reads and licence holders are now required to read and submit their own meter readings. To find out more about self-reads visit I need help to do a self-read. To lodge a self-read complete the Meter Reading Form.

Use imported water