Sorry, your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please download their replacement Edge or another modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox. This site will not be fully functional using Internet Explorer.

Bush food is the use of native plant material as cuisine. Bush food collection can be for personal use or for sale.

Bush Food Collection Permits will not be granted where the proposed collection involves species with conservation concerns, or where collection would threaten populations.

Apply now

To apply for this permit, download the Permit to Collect Native Plant Material – Bush Food Collection (Class B) form. Permit holders must comply with the native plant policy, standard and guidelines.

How long does a permit last?

Permits expire on 30 March annually.

Are there any fees?

Yes, refer to the application form.