Resources for community and educators
The list of resources below can help households and communities to reduce emissions and provide tools to build climate resilience.
Resources to help build your climate resilience
- Alert SA Mobile App
- Local Government Association - Where we build what we build
- SES - Be prepared for a Heatwave
- South Australian Government - Healthy in the Heat
- Australian Red Cross – Climate Ready Communities
- SA Water - Cooler community spaces
- Enviro Data SA - Coastal Flood Mapping of Eyre Peninsula and the Limestone Coast
Resources for Students and Teachers
Green Adelaide offers a suite of professional development opportunities for school teachers involved in Nature Education. Green Adelaide are a statutory board established in July 2020 by the Government of South Australia, with a vision to create a cooler, greener, wilder and climate-resilient Adelaide that celebrates our unique culture.
Sustainable Schools is a free program offered by Green Adelaide to help you teach about and connect to the natural world, lead informed action, and enable active citizens. Sustainable Schools provides a range of tools, resources and support strategies to help you:
- develop a shared vision for sustainability
- embed sustainability into your school/preschool culture, curriculum and practice
- link with other school communities and service providers
- design hands-on learning (building frog ponds, vegetable plots and butterfly gardens)
- investigate wildlife and create habitat in your school and beyond
- become a hub for sustainability education with your local communities.
Sustainable Schools aligns with the Australian Curriculum and Belonging, Being and Becoming – The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF).