Fire management maps
They should be used alongside fire management plans which identify areas within the state that are most at risk and provide a strategic and coordinated effort to guide fire management activities.
How to use the maps
Navigate to your area of interest with this interactive map and explore:
- fire history and management plans
- NPWS parks and reserves
- creating a custom map to print or save
- the map using these themes/layers:
1. terrain, tenure and infrastructure
2. vegetation communities and significant species
3. fire history
4. fire management and access
5. implementation strategy – proposed burns.
NOTE: Simple access tools are available in the ‘I want to…’ button in the top-left corner of the map. For example, if you select a fire management plan from the list, the map will zoom to its extent and display the proposed burns layer. You can also do this for a NPW reserve.
Take a look at this user guide for help on how to use the map.