The role of Accredited Consultants is to prepare Data Reports for applications to clear native vegetation.
Data reports may be prepared for applications under:
- Section 28 of the Native Vegetation Act 1991
- the Risk Assessment pathway (Regulation 12) of the Native Vegetation Regulations 2017, including for:
- major developments and projects under the Development Act 1993
- mining and petroleum activities
- works on behalf of Commissioner of Highways
- a new dwelling or building
- residential subdivision
- recreation track
- commercial vehicle access track exceeding 5 metres
- new dam and expansion of dam (pastoral areas).
Accredited Consultants can also be engaged to undertake vegetation assessments to develop Significant Environmental Benefit (SEB) Management Plans.
Accredited Consultants are endorsed by the Native Vegetation Council.
The Native Vegetation Branch audits all data reports and undertakes site verifications where necessary.
List of Accredited Consultants
View a list of Accredited Consultants .
If you are interested in becoming an Accredited Consultant, the NVC undertakes Accreditation Training on an annual basis. This years training will be held 19-21 August 2019, so if you are interested please see the eligibility criteria and Application Form to register via email@example.com.
Coming Soon: Accreditation training for Arborists. To register your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools for Accredited Consultants
Engaging an Accredited Consultant
If you need a Data Report for an application to clear native vegetation for any of the activities listed above, you must engage an Accredited Consultant.
The Accredited Consultant will prepare your application and send it to the Native Vegetation Council. The consultant will apply the Native Vegetation Council's policies to prepare the Data Report.
Applications submitted under the Native Vegetation Act 1991 or Native Vegetation Regulations 2017 will be made public and be subject to 28 days of consultation.
If you are not sure when you need to engage an Accredited Consultant: