SA Heritage Register and Surveys
The South Australian Heritage Register contains information about places of heritage value in South Australia. It includes State Heritage Areas, Places and related Objects of State significance.
The Register is maintained by the South Australian Heritage Council under the Heritage Places Act 1993. Heritage South Australia administer the Register and the Act. Read more about Heritage South Australia here.
Have your say on current provisional entries in the Register. To find out more about State Heritage Places listed in the Register, please search the online databases below.
The South Australian Heritage Places Database shows details about South Australia's Local and State Heritage Places, Objects and Areas.
NatureMaps is an interactive map that shows World, Commonwealth, National, State and Local heritage Places and Areas in South Australia.
* Please note that NatureMaps can take up to 20 seconds to load. To search for a State Heritage Place, you can type in the ID number using the 'Find Tools' and 'SA Heritage Place' search. Or you can use the 'Find address or location' search at the top-right hand side of the screen. You can use the 'Layers' tool to activate the layers you want to see, like 'Cadastral Information', or 'Administrative Boundaries' by expanding the '+' and ticking the relevant boxes.
The Australian Heritage Database shows detailed information about South Australia's World Heritage Places, National Heritage Places, Commonwealth Heritage Places and overseas places of historic significance to Australia.
The Heritage section of Enviro Data SA contains heritage summaries, surveys and reports detailing what is significant about State Heritage Places.
Obtaining a Certified Copy of an entry in the Register
To obtain a Certified Copy of an entry in the Register, please contact Heritage South Australia on (08) 8124 4960 or email DEWHeritage@sa.gov.au.
The Certified Copy fee for 2023-24 is $39.75, in accordance with Schedule 1-Fees of the Heritage Places (Fees) Notice 2023.
- General enquiries: (08) 8124 4960
- Conservation and development enquiries: (08) 8124 4922
- SA Heritage Council enquiries: (08) 8226 2127
- Email: DEWheritage@sa.gov.au
- Postal address: GPO Box 1047, Adelaide SA 5001
- For media enquiries please phone our media advisor on (08) 8463 7412.