SA Heritage Council
The South Australian Heritage Council is an independent body whose main functions are to:
- provide strategic advice to the Minister for Climate, Environment and Water.
- administer the Heritage Places Act 1993
- provide strategic advice to the Minister for Planning on heritage-related matters in the administration of the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 (previously the Development Act).
- administer the South Australian Heritage Register.
Vacancies on the Council
Watch this space. Two positions for membership on the Council will be advertised soon and information on how to apply will be provided here.
Click here for information about the latest additions to the South Australian Heritage Register.
- Keith Conlon - Chairperson
- Jan Ferguson - Member
- Kate McDougall - Member
- Marcus Rolfe - Member
- Eleanor Walters - Member
- Deborah Lindsay - Member
- Stephen Schrapel - Member
- Gavin Leydon - Member
- Rob Donaldson - Acting Member
- Simon Weidenhofer - Acting Member
These members have been appointed for the period 2 April 2021 – 1 April 2024. Find out more about the Council members here.
In addition to its annual report to Parliament, the Council has prepared its own annual summary to inform the South Australian public about its work. View the annual summaries:
Advice from the South Australian Heritage Council regarding the Government's decision to demolish the Thebarton Police Barracks was provided to the Minister for Climate, Environment and Water on 13 October 2022. Read the letter here.
Advice from the Heritage Council regarding the South Australian Visitor Economy Sector Plan 2030.
If you would like to make a complaint to the South Australian Heritage Council, please complete the complaints form and return to us.
SA Heritage Council: (08) 8226 2127
Postal address: GPO Box 1047, Adelaide SA 5001