The South Australian Heritage Council is an independent body whose main functions are to:
- provide strategic advice to the Minister for Environment and Water.
- administer the Heritage Places Act 1993
- provide strategic advice to the Minister for Planning on heritage-related matters in the administration of the Development Act 1993
- administer the South Australian Heritage Register.
- Keith Conlon - Chairperson
- Jan Ferguson - Member
- Kate McDougall - Member
- Peggy Brock - Member
- Marcus Rolfe - Member
- Eleanor Walters - Member
- Deborah Lindsay - Member
- Stephen Schrapel - Member
- Gavin Leydon - Member
- Rob Donaldson - Acting Member
- Simon Weidenhofer - Acting Member
These members have been appointed for the period 2 April 2021 – 1 April 2024
View the South Australian Heritage Council's annual reports.
In addition to its annual report to Parliament, the Council has prepared its own Year in Review to inform the South Australian public about its work:
If you would like to make a complaint to the South Australian Heritage Council, please complete the complaints form and return to us.
Advice from the Heritage Council regarding the South Australian Visitor Economy Sector Plan 2030.
SA Heritage Council: (08) 8226 2127
Conservation and Development: (08) 8124 4922
SA Heritage Register: (08) 8124 4960
Postal address: GPO Box 1047, Adelaide SA 5001