Policies for wildlife research
Wildlife Ethics Committee policies can be used to ensure that your application is in accordance with approved procedures. If you apply to use methods that are not recommended by the Committee, your application may take longer to assess.
- Collection of blood from wildlife.
- Collection of hair and feather samples
- Collection of voucher specimens
- Euthanasia of research animals in the field
- Reporting adverse events
- Transportation of live animals
- Use of live traps to capture terrestrial vertebrates
- Use of microchips for marking wildlife
- Use of tracking tunnels