Sorry, your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please download their replacement Edge or another modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox. This site will not be fully functional using Internet Explorer.

If an Aboriginal person wishes to take a protected animal, egg or native plant for sale, barter or exchange, they will require a permit.

Following are some examples of where an Aboriginal person would need a permit:

  • taking an emu egg from the wild for carving and sale
  • collection of bush tucker (eg Muntries Kunzea pomifera for sale)
  • commercial kangaroo shooting
  • collection of myall, mallee, sandalwood and mulga vegetation for artefacts and sale
  • cultural fairs where an Aboriginal person wishes to sell bush tucker as a way of promoting Aboriginal culture.