Share with us a photo of your favourite South Australian State Heritage Place for your chance to win one of a number of prizes.
There are 2,305 State heritage-listed places in South Australia, but not everyone knows about these places, why they are significant and where to find them.
Your photographs will help celebrate our State Heritage Places.
The winner from each category will be awarded a certificate and an exciting prize to recognise their winning entry, while the overall winner and the people’s choice award winner will both win an exciting prize!
How to enter
There are four categories you can enter:
- Category 1 – Maritime Heritage coastal and riverine (includes Shipwrecks and Heritage listed lighthouses, jetties, obelisks, wharfs and boatsheds).
- Category 2 – State Heritage visits (featuring photos of State Heritage Places you have been to)
- Category 3 – Professional and Edited photos of State Heritage Places
- Category 4 – Young talent (under 18) taking photos of State Heritage Places (encouraging school age kids to learn about our Heritage).
(We would love to see photos of people enjoying our State Heritage Places. If your photo features people, please ensure you have their consent before entering the photo/s. Read about photographic consent here.)
- select which category you wish to enter
- upload your photo of a State Heritage place
- tell us what the subject of the photo is
- tell us the date of the photo
Each individual can enter a maximum of 3 photographs across all categories. For instance, you may like to enter three (3) photos in Category 1 or you may decide to spread your three photos out across multiple categories.
Please refer to the South Australian Heritage Database to find a State Heritage Place to photograph.
To enter the competition, upload your photo/s to the entry form, and fill out the required details
Please read the Terms and Conditions.
Entries close at Midnight, Friday 15 October 2021.
Do you need some inspiration? How about honouring our frontline workers who have kept us safe throughout the COVID-19 crisis by taking a photograph of a State Heritage-listed medical centre, a hospital or a police station. Here is a list of suggestions.
If capturing seaside heritage is of interest to you, check out this list for Jetties and Wharves that are listed as State Heritage Places. Find shipwrecks in the Australasian Underwater Cultural Heritage Database.
Perhaps you’re keen on photographing South Australian hotels with history? Read this list of hotels, current and former, that are State Heritage Places.
Thanks to our sponsors
Heritage South Australia and the South Australian Heritage Council are very grateful for the support of our sponsors. It is their support and generosity that has made this competition possible: