Term pool register
Term pool registrations are closed.
For further information please contact DEWFireManagement@sa.gov.au
What is the term pool register?
NPWS maintains a term pool register of applicants who are interested in working as a project firefighter or senior project firefighter. Each season project firefighters leave due to a variety of reasons, such as gaining other positions in the Department for Environment and Water. This register is used for the recruitment process if a position becomes available during the season. The contract length is adjusted on a case-by-case basis depending on when the vacancy occurs.
Please note that registering your interest does not guarantee employment. When and if a position becomes available during the prescribed burn or bushfire season, all applications on the Register are reviewed. If you are successfully shortlisted, you may be contacted for an interview and will participate in the recruitment process outlined below. Each step must be completed and successfully passed before progressing to the next stage.
Term pool register application process
- applicants apply for the term pool register through the I Work for SA website
- a position becomes available
- applications are reviewed on the register
- shortlisting occurs
- interview (including a medical assessment)
- task-based assessment
- contract issued
- Project firefighter to commence employment.
- Becoming a NPWS project firefighter
- Find out the essential requirements of becoming a project firefighter
If you have any questions about the term pool register please contact DEWFireManagement@sa.gov.au.