Things to try at home
You don't have to wait til you're in the classroom to discover more about the river and how it works. There are heaps of fun things to try out in your own home and backyard!
Origami jumping frog
- See if you can be the boss of the River Murray with the Run the River game:
- Learn about native animals in the Murray-Darling Basin with our colouring sheets
- Check out some more games and activities.
Here's a list of some great research project topic ideas.
Resources for kids
- Colouring sheets – lots of fun animal colouring sheets
- Water – find out how to identify water bugs (‘macroinvertebrates’)
- Plants and animals – check out our bird ID charts
- Food gardens – learn how to start a food garden at school
- Waste and recycling – find out about the rubbish situation at your school and how to improve it
- Energy and climate change – find out how much electricity is used at school and how you can reduce it
Free posters and stickers
Order your own Murray-Darling Basin posters and stickers for home or school.
- Macquarie Marshes poster (double sided, A1)
- River management timeline poster (A1)
- Frog and reptile poster (double sided, A1)
- Native and introduced fish poster (double sided, A1)
- River Murray System poster (A1)
- Murray–Darling Basin map poster (A0)
- Flora and fauna of the Murray–Darling basin poster (A1)
- Flora and fauna stickers 1 (A4)
- Flora and fauna stickers 2 (A4)
- Flora and fauna stickers 3 (A4)