Heritage SnAps 2021 - Online photo competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The organiser of the “Heritage SnAps 2021” competition is the Department for Environment and Water (DEW), of 81-95 Waymouth Street Adelaide 5000, ABN 36 702 093 234.
- Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- Entry in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
- The competition entry period ends at Midnight, Friday 15 October 2021 CST.
- The aim of this competition is to celebrate South Australia’s heritage places. The photographs entered will help celebrate our State Heritage Places and our maritime heritage.
Who is eligible?
- All DEW employees and their immediate family members, although permitted to enter, will not be allowed to claim any winning prize(s) in any of the competition category.
- DEW reserves the right to request proof of identity of all winners. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DEW. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, DEW in its absolute discretion may disqualify the winner.
- Entries must be received by DEW during the competition entry period.
- To enter the competition entrants must complete the entry form on the competition page of the Heritage South Australia website, at http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/topics/heritage/heritage-photo-competitions during the competition entry period.
- Entrants must provide details of their full name, email address, and contact telephone number on the entry form.
- Entrants must not enter privately owned property to photograph any State Heritage Places without the owner’s permission.
- Entrants must upload their image/s of South Australia’s built and natural State heritage places or historic shipwrecks and identify which category the image (photograph) fits within. The categories are:
- Category 1 - Maritime Heritage coastal and riverine (includes Shipwrecks and Heritage listed lighthouses, jetties, obelisks, wharfs and boatsheds)
- Category 2 - State Heritage visits (featuring photos of State Heritage Places you have been to)
- Category 3 - Professional and Edited photos of State Heritage Places
- Category 4 - Young talent (under 18) taking photos of State Heritage Places (encouraging school age kids to learn about our Heritage).
- State Heritage Place details can be viewed via the SA Heritage Places Database online: http://maps.sa.gov.au/heritagesearch/HeritageSearchLocation.aspx
- There is a limit of (3) photographic images an entrant can submit in total across all categories.
- Submitted images (with the exception of images entered into Category 3) must not be subject to any image manipulation. Pixels shall not be added or subtracted except to remove dust spots and/or by cropping. Adjustments of brightness, contrast, saturation and sharpening are acceptable.
- All photographic images must be submitted in an accepted file format and be a minimum of 1200 pixels wide.(Accepted file types: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp, .tga, .raw, .tif, .tiff, .exif, .ppm, .pgm, .pbm, .pnm, .webp, .hdr, .heif, .bpg, .pdf, .svg, .psd, .ico, .ecw, .fits, .iff, .ilbm, .img, .zip, .rar, .7zip, .pcx, .sgi, .cdf, .psp, .xcf, .mpo, .pns, .jps, .flic, .dng, .ciff, .hdri, .jbig, .jbig2, .jng, .jpeg-hdr, .jif, .jfif, .jp2, .jpx, .j2k, .j2c, .fpx, .hdr, .exr, .bil, .dds, .wdp, .exr)
- Winning images will be printed on large board (approximately 90cm high x 60cm wide), and therefore submitting high resolution photos (high pixel count per square inch) is highly desirable.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible images will be deemed invalid. Images that are considered unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, and racially offensive, contain objectionable content or are otherwise inappropriate will be deemed invalid. DEW will inform entrants if their entry is deemed invalid.
- DEW reserves the right to disqualify an entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is DEW’s absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into. DEW will inform an entrant if an entry is disqualified.
- DEW reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry, or if the entrant has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. DEW’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. DEW will inform an entrant if any entry is disqualified.
- a) i) The finalists and winners grant DEW a non-exclusive and non-commercial licence to reproduce entries submitted in connection with the promotion of the competition and future competitions for a period of seven (7) years. This includes promotional materials including posters, calendars, in print and on line at the website https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/Home
This license includes the finalists works being printed on 90 x 60cm board (approximate) and displayed at the event to announce the winners in December 2021 and which also may be displayed at third party venues to promote the competition and its aims for a period of up to two years. DEW will notify entrants when the prints of their work are available for collection and if not collected within two months, DEW may dispose of them.
14. a) ii) All entrants grant a perpetual license to DEW for DEW archival purposes.
14. b) DEW will always credit an entrant whenever their work is used by DEW. The entire entry will be reproduced. No changes or alterations will be made to an entry without the prior consent of the entrant, except if it is a minor change for cropping.
14. c) When displaying or reproducing an entry, DEW will attribute any Indigenous cultural intellectual property in the entry in accordance with any notification by the entrant. DEW will not display or use an entry in a context that is considered by an Indigenous community to be degrading or offensive.
- Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent for their name to be published by DEW in connection with this competition and its aims. This permission extends to receiving contact from DEW staff for future promotions, which could include news articles, videos or photographs.
- All entrants retain copyright of their entry.
- Entrants confirm that by entering this competition they consent to receiving information and updates from DEW via email.
- The contact details of entrants to this competition will not be shared with other organisations or Government bodies without the entrant’s consent.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to being subscribed to the Good Living Blog weekly e-newsletter.
- DEW is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Where possible, DEW will notify entrants if their entry is deemed invalid.
- DEW reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant suspected of tampering with the entry process. DEW notify entrants if their entry is deemed invalid.
- Entries will be judged by an expert panel appointed by DEW.
- A certificate will be awarded to the winner and finalists and a selection of prizes will be on offer for category winners.
- The prizes are:
Overall Winner as voted by the Judges*
(*note that the Overall Winner will be selected from one of the Category Winners)
People's Choice Winner
Category 1 Winner – Maritime Heritage coastal and riverine (includes Shipwrecks and Heritage listed lighthouses, jetties, obelisks, wharfs and boatsheds).
Category 2 Winner – State Heritage visits (featuring photos of State Heritage Places you have been to)
Category 3 Winner – Professional and Edited photos of State Heritage Places
Category 4 Winner – Young talent (under 18) taking photos of State Heritage Places (encouraging school age kids to learn about our Heritage).
- A prize will be awarded to the winner of each category as chosen by the judging panel.
- There will be a ‘People’s Choice’ component where by the public can vote for their favourite photo from the 20 finalists displayed on website https://www.environment.sa.gov.au as selected by the judging panel. A prize will be awarded to the winning image of the People’s Choice component of the competition.
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified by phone and email and their name will be published on the DEW Good Living blog site, Heritage South Australia Facebook and Web page.
- DEW will take all reasonable steps to notify the winners.
- If a winner cannot be reached by Friday 26 November 2021, the runner-up in their category will be awarded the prize.
- The prize remains the property of DEW until claimed by the prize winner.
- Non-cash prizes are not exchangeable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by DEW.
- If, due to reasons beyond DEW’s control, the prize is unavailable, DEW, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and / or specification.
- Any costs associated with the use of prizes are to be covered by the winner.
- DEW accepts no liability for the prize or certificates being lost or damaged in transit.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of DEW and which prevents DEW from complying with these terms and conditions, DEW will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- DEW is not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this competition, if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of DEW.
- DEW, its employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with this competition, the promotion of the competition or the use of any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- DEW collects personal information about entrants for the purpose of running this competition. Entry details remain the property of DEW. Entrants consent to DEW using personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of conducting the competition and awarding any prizes, and for market research purposes.
- Each entrant agrees that DEW may publish or cause to be published the winner’s name and locality in any media as required under the relevant lottery legislation.