If you are required to meter your water (as per the conditions of your licence), you must tell the Department when you have:

  • a faulty meter
  • installed and validated a meter,
  • revalidated a meter,
  • repaired a meter,
  • tested a meter,
  • relocated or permanently removed a meter, or
  • performed a 5-yearly inspection on a meter.

This can be done by filling out the online Meter Notification Form.

To fill in your form you will need:

  • Your water management instrument details (your Water Resource Works Approval if you take water from the River Murray, or your Water Licence if you take water from anywhere else)
  • Meter details and location
  • Meter reading details
  • If your meter has been validated, completed Validation Certificate;
  • If your meter has been repaired or tested, details of the repairs or testing (including any certificates/reports demonstrating meter accuracy);
  • If you have performed a 5-yearly inspection, the completed 5-yearly inspection checklist with accompanying photographs of the installation and meter seals.

If you have any questions about using this form, or are unsure about the details you need to provide, please contact (08) 8463 6876.

Read more about our related priorities