Sorry, your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please download their replacement Edge or another modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox. This site will not be fully functional using Internet Explorer.

Topics > Water > Water licences and permits

Water meter notification

If you are required to meter your water (as per the conditions of your licence), you must tell the Department when you have:

  • a faulty meter
  • installed and validated a meter,
  • revalidated a meter,
  • repaired a meter,
  • tested a meter,
  • relocated or permanently removed a meter, or
  • performed a 5-yearly inspection on a meter.

This can be done by filling out the online Meter Notification Form.

To fill in your form you will need:

  • Your water management instrument details (your Water Resource Works Approval if you take water from the River Murray, or your Water Licence if you take water from anywhere else)
  • Meter details and location
  • Meter reading details
  • If your meter has been validated, completed Validation Certificate;
  • If your meter has been repaired or tested, details of the repairs or testing (including any certificates/reports demonstrating meter accuracy);
  • If you have performed a 5-yearly inspection, the completed 5-yearly inspection checklist with accompanying photographs of the installation and meter seals.

If you have any questions about using this form, or are unsure about the details you need to provide, please contact (08) 8463 6876.