17 April 2023 Projected Opening Allocation Announcement
The projected opening allocation for South Australian River Murray irrigators for the 2023-24 water year is 100%.
With the projected opening allocation being greater than 50%, carryover of allocations from 2022-23 will not be available in 2023-24.
As the projected opening allocation is 100%, no more allocation announcements are scheduled for the 2023-24 water year. The volume of water available for allocation will now be gazetted and allocations issued for use from 1 July 2023.
Download previous allocation statements
Read more about private carryover
Murray-Darling Basin rainfall outlook
Rainfall, inflows and temperatures are highly variable across the Murray-Darling Basin.
Check the Bureau of Meteorology’s Murray-Darling Basin rainfall outlook.
Information to help you plan
- Use the water calculator to plan for the season and find out how water is shared in South Australia.
- Find out if you can carryover your unused allocation this year.
Ways to keep informed
- Sign up to the River Murray Flow Report e-newsletter or view past reports on the WaterConnect website: River Murray Flow Reports
- Find out current water prices on the Bureau of Meteorology Water Markets in SA dashboard.
- Find out about storages, allocations and trading information for Murray-Darling Basin catchments on the Bureau of Meteorology Murray-Darling Basin water information page
- For the River Murray Prescribed Watercourse, a quarterly accounting period applies. Compliance action is taken if any water is taken in excess of the allocation available on a water account at the end of each quarter.
- Want to know what happens in cases of unauthorised take and use of River Murray water? See our information on fees, charges and penalties.