15 June 2022 Opening Allocation Announcement
The opening allocation for South Australian River Murray irrigators for the 2022–23 water year is 100%.
As announced on 14 April 2022, with the opening allocation being greater than 50%, carryover of allocations from 2021–22 will not be available in 2022–23.
As the opening allocation is 100%, no more allocation announcements are scheduled for the 2022–23 water year. The volume of water available for allocation will now be gazetted and allocations issued for use from 1 July 2022.
Download previous allocation statements for the 2021–22 water year
Murray-Darling Basin rainfall outlook
Rainfall, inflows and temperatures are highly variable across the Murray-Darling Basin.
Information to help you plan
- Use the water calculator to plan for the season and find out how water is shared in South Australia.
- Find out if you can carryover your unused allocation this year.
Ways to keep informed
- Sign up to the River Murray Flow Report e-newsletter.
- Find out current water prices on the Bureau of Meteorology Water Markets in SA dashboard.
- For the River Murray Prescribed Watercourse, a quarterly accounting period applies. Compliance action is taken if any water is taken in excess of the allocation available on a water account at the end of each quarter.
- Want to know what happens in cases of unauthorised take and use of River Murray water? See our information on fees, charges and penalties.