South Australian Oiled Wildlife Response Plan
The South Australian Oiled Wildlife Response Plan (SAOWRP) describes the management arrangements for implementing a wildlife response in South Australian State waters.
It is a sub-plan of the South Australian Marine Spill Contingency Action Plan (SAMSCAP) which is administered by the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI).
The SAOWRP can also be used as guidance for petroleum titleholders in the Commonwealth waters surrounding South Australia.
It details the legislative responsibilities, relationships to other plans, roles and responsibilities, wildlife division structure, standards and best practice procedures for an oiled wildlife response.
The regional oiled wildlife response plans provide detailed ‘on ground’ regional information required to carry out an oiled wildlife response, including: wildlife values, high risk wildlife areas, identified oiled wildlife facilities, equipment, resource and contact lists.
The geographical areas covered by the SAOWRP and each of the six (6) Regional Wildlife Response Plans are presented as six (6) chapters:
- Chapter 8: Alinytjara Wilurara and Eyre Peninsula Regional Oiled Wildlife Response Plan
- Chapter 9: Northern and Yorke Regional Oiled Wildlife Response Plan
- Chapter 10: Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges Regional Oiled Wildlife Response Plan
- Chapter 11: SA Murray Darling Basin Regional Oiled Wildlife Response Plan
- Chapter 12: South East Region Regional Oiled Wildlife Response Plan and
- Chapter 13: Kangaroo Island Regional Oiled Wildlife Response Plan.