Sorry, your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Microsoft no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please download their replacement Edge or another modern browser such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox. This site will not be fully functional using Internet Explorer.

If you are planning to collect protected plants or catch animals (eg collecting seeds for revegetation work or removing possums from roofs), always check whether you need a permit as you probably will.

You must have a to export or import protected fauna (including a carcass or an egg) from or into South Australia

See our Permits and Licences section.

PIRSA Fisheries Division is responsible for commercial, recreational and scientific fishing licensing and permits.

Taking wildlife specimens out of the country requires approval from the Australian Government.