The Coast Protection Board’s Coastal Community Participation Grants support voluntary participation in local, small-scale coastal management initiatives.
The objectives of these grants are to:
- Involve communities in coastal management.
- Enhance community skills and knowledge in rehabilitation, restoration and conservation of the coast and marine environment.
- Facilitate partnerships in coast and marine management.
- Encourage environmental protection in the wider community.
- Achieve practical management actions and on-ground works which enhance conservation values and/or tackle the causes of coast and marine degradation.
The maximum Board contribution per application is $10,000 (GST exclusive). The Board can provide grants of up to 80% of the total cost of approved projects. Applicant contribution may comprise cash or in-kind support.
Applicants need to partner with a coastal council, and the council will administer the grant on their behalf. Grants are paid on project completion, therefore any upfront costs must be negotiated between the Council and Applicant.
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the Coast and Marine Branch to discuss their ideas and obtain an application form.
Successful recipients from Round 1 will be notified as soon as possible.
Round 2 2020–21 is now open until 1 February 2021.
Contact DEWCoasts@sa.gov.au to request an Application Form.