Coastal Community Participation Grants
The Coast Protection Board’s Community Participation Grants support voluntary participation in local, small-scale coastal management initiatives.
The objectives of these grants are to:
- Involve and/or educate communities on coastal management
- Enhance community skills and knowledge in rehabilitation, restoration and conservation of the coast and marine environment
- Facilitate partnerships in coast and marine management
- Encourage environmental protection in the wider community
- Achieve practical management actions and on-ground works which enhance conservation values and/or tackle the causes of coast and marine degradation.
Please note, volunteer groups or organisations need to partner with a coastal council and have council agreement to administer the grant.
The Coast Protection Grant program is administered with the support of the Department for Environment and Water.
- $30,000 is available in 2023-24 for Community Participation Grants.
- Applications Open: 25 August 2023
- Applications Close: 25 October 2023
Contact DEWCoasts@sa.gov.au to discuss your ideas and request an application form.
Total Environment Centre Inc / City of Charles Sturt Council
Microplastics in West Lakes
Yankalilla Marine Education / District Council of Yankalilla
Fleurieu Marine Education
Tickera Community & Recreation Association Inc. / Barunga West Council
Tickera Foreshore Rehabilitation Project
Hindmarsh Island Landcare Group Inc. / Alexandrina Council
Completing the Sugars Beach Murray Mouth Revegetation Project
Friends of Parnkalla Walking Trail / Port Lincoln City Council
Removal of Weeds and Coastal Rehabilitation
Friends of Granite Island / City of Victor Harbor Council
Granite Island Maritime & Coastal Community Education Project
Lower Eyre Coastcare Association
Coastal Vegetation Protection, Regeneration and Rehabilitation at Greenly Beach & Frenchmans, Lower Eyre Peninsula
Friends of Parnkalla Walking Trail / City of Pt Lincoln
Enhancing Coastal Vegetation, Parnkalla Walking Trail, Port Lincoln
Friends of Minda Dunes / City of Holdfast Bay
Revegetation and Management of the Minda Dunes
Friends of Park Terrace & Esplanade Reserves Ardrossan / Yorke Peninsula Council
Restoration and Monitoring of Ardrossan Remnant Grasslands
Hardwicke Bay Progress Association / Yorke Peninsula Council
Protecting Hardwicke Bay's Natural Sandhills