The Native Vegetation Council (NVC) is an independent body established by the Native Vegetation Act 1991. The NVC monitors the overall condition of the state’s vegetation and makes decisions on a wide range of matters concerning native vegetation in South Australia.
Its responsibilities include:
The seven NVC members are appointed by the Minister for Environment and Water of South Australia. They come from a range of backgrounds and have knowledge and experience in the preservation and management of native vegetation.
The NVC is able to delegate powers and functions to another person or body. Current delegates include the following:
- Presiding Member, NVC
- Chair, Native Vegetation Assessment Panel
- Manager, Native Vegetation Branch
- Coordinator - Assessment and Stakeholder Liaison, Native Vegetation Branch
- Coordinator - Governance and Policy, Native Vegetation Branch
- Senior Compliance Officer, Parks and Regions
- Executive Director, Energy Resources, Department of Energy and Mining
- Director, Mining Regulation, Department of Energy and Mining
Native Vegetation Council
GPO Box 1047
Adelaide 5001 SA