A prosperous South Australia for current and future generations
What success looks like
Our sustainably managed natural resources underpin the growth of a climate-resilient economy through increased productivity, competitiveness, innovation and private investment.
Priorities• Lead and deliver climate change science, policy and programs
• Allocate tenure and oversee the use of Crown land
• Facilitate the sale of surplus Crown land and the transfer of land to other government agencies
• Support tourism through promotion, public engagement and partnerships
• Manage water regulation and compliance
• Support water markets
• Develop, maintain and operate water related infrastructure
• Plan water management with the community
• Implement the National Water Initiative
• Supply cultural water
• Provide access to and oversee the sustainable use of pastoral leases
• Ensure sustainable rangeland management with compatibility between conservation and primary production.