We have responsibility for providing advice on, and administering under delegated authority, a range of state acts committed to the Minister for Environment and Water.
These acts deal with the:
- administration of Crown lands generally
- creation and management of conservation and pastoral areas
- protection of vegetation and wildlife or the welfare of animals generally
- conservation, protection or management of cultural assets generally
- conservation or management of specific public or cultural areas of the state
- conservation, protection and management of natural resources, including water
- challenge of addressing climate change
- regulation of the water industry
- provision or management of water, sewerage and stormwater services, facilities and schemes.
The following table lists all the acts and regulations administered by the department. Each listed piece of legislation below is linked to its location on the South Australia legislation website.
For other state parliament Acts and Regulations see: www.legislation.sa.gov.au
For information on other Australian legislation and legal matters, see SA Legislation weblinks or www.austlii.edu.au