Prescribed burn in Deep Creek Conservation Park
Date posted: 18 Oct. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Deep Creek Conservation Park on Wednesday 19 October, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1.30pm and is likely to be completed by 4:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 17.6 hectares within the park, near the Tapanappa Campground.
- This is a fuel reduction burn in a fire management zone in accordance with the DEW Fire Management Plan.
- Tapanappa Road will have fire appliances on it but will not be restricted.
- Tapanappa Road may have some brief smoke impacts.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.