Prescribed burn at Sturt Gorge Recreation Park
Date posted: 21 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned in the Sturt Gorge Recreation Park in the Adelaide Mount Lofty Ranges on Sunday, 23 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1:00pm on Sunday, 23 April and is likely to be completed by 6:00pm.
- The area to be burnt is 3 hectares of land along the southern boundary of the park near York Drive.
- The burn is located within an Asset Zone and aims to reduce the impact of bushfires on neighbouring housing.
- Walking trails surrounding the burn area will be closed and will have notification/track closed signs in place.
- Smoke may impact the York Drive and surrounding area
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.