Prescribed burn at Spring Mount Conservation Park
Date posted: 01 Dec. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Spring Mount Conservation Park on Thursday 1 December, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10.30am and is likely to be completed by 6.00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 11.6 hectares on Spring Mount Road in the northwestern corner of Spring Mount Conservation Park.
- This landscape protection burn is planned to reduce the likelihood of the whole park burning in a single bushfire event.
- No roads will be closed. Walkers should avoid the northern half of the reserve during the burn operation.
- Smoke could impact Spring Mount Road.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.