Prescribed burn at Pinks Reserve, Clare
Date posted: 02 Dec. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Pinks Reserve in Clare on Monday 5 December, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10.30am and is likely to be completed by 7.00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 8.2 hectares within the reserve, immediately opposite New Road next to the Riesling Trail.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce the fuel hazard in the site to limit the spread and impact of bushfire to adjacent houses and businesses.
- Hartley Road will remain open to local traffic. Please give way to fire trucks. The Riesling Trail will be closed from the New Road carpark to York Street - walkers should follow the detour along the footpath next to New Road.
- Hartley Road will be impacted by smoke.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.