Prescribed burn at Piccadilly
Date posted: 26 Oct. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Piccadilly on Friday 27 October 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1pm and is likely to be completed by 3pm on Friday 27 October 2023.
- The area to be burnt is 1.6 hectares on private land adjacent to Piccadilly Road.
- The objective of the burn is to create low fuel areas to reduce the risk of bushfires impacting the communities within the Piccadilly Valley and nearby Crafers, Uraidla and Carey Gully.
- No roads will be affected.
- Smoke will be visible from Piccadilly Road. Some smoke settling may occur within the Piccadilly Valley post-burn.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.