Prescribed burn at Peebinga Conservation Park - Northern side
Date posted: 21 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned in the Peebinga Conservation Park in the Riverland and Murraylands on Tuesday 25 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12pm and is likely to be completed by6pm on Tuesday 25 April
- The area to be burnt is 55 hectares of land at the northern side of Conservation Rd
- Traffic restrictions will be placed on Conservation Road during the burn to allow for safe fire vehicle operation
- Smoke may be seen from Browns Well Highway. Kringin, Lebas and Conservation roads may be impacted by smoke
- This is a Bushfire Buffer Zone & Landscape protection burn to reduce the likelihood of the whole park burning in a single bushfire event
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow
@SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.