Prescribed burn at Peebinga Conservation Park - Northeastern side
Date posted: 21 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned along the north-eastern boundary of Peebinga Conservation Park in the Riverland and Murraylands region from Monday 24 to Tuesday 25 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12pm Monday 24 April and is likely to be completed by 6pm on Tuesday 25 April
- The area to be burnt is 90 hectares of private land along the southern side of Browns Well Highway at Peebinga
- Traffic controls are expected to be in place along Browns Well Highway on 25 April and speed will be reduced between 24-26 April due to burn operations.
- Browns Well Highway will be impacted by smoke
- This is a landscape protection burn to reduce bushfire risk between Peebinga, Karte and Murray Sunset conservation parks
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow
@SAEnvirWater on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.