Prescribed burn at Naracoorte Caves National Park
Date posted: 22 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Naracoorte Caves National Park, Limestone Coast, on Monday 25 of September 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 11am and is likely to be completed by 4pm on Monday 25 of September.
- The area to be burnt is 9.5 hectares within the park.
- It aims to reduce fuel loads within the area.
- No roads will be closed, however, Caves Road will be under traffic management.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.