Prescribed burn at Mylor Conservation Park
Date posted: 05 Dec. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Mylor Conservation Park on Monday 5 December, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12.00pm and is likely to be completed by 6.00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 3.3 hectares in Mylor Conservation Park.
- This burn is planned to reduce the fuels in the bushfire buffer zone and create a low fuel area in the event of a bushfire.
- Whitehead Track in Mylor Conservation Park will be closed at the southern end.
- Smoke could impact Whitehead Road and Strathalbyn Road.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.