Prescribed burn at Mount Bold Reservoir Reserve
Date posted: 24 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned in the Mount Bold Reservoir Reserve in the Adelaide Mount Lofty Ranges on Wednesday, 26 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 2:00pm on Wednesday, 26 April and is likely to be completed by 6:00pm.
- The area to be burnt is 37.2 hectares of land within the reserve along Mount Bold Road, Bradbury.
- This burn aims to reduce fuel to reduce the risk of bushfire impacting properties along Mount Bold Road. Following the Cherry Gardens Bushfire there has been extensive regeneration of weedy Acacia species. The intention is to burn these plants before they set seed and to thin out the regrowth to reduce future fuel loads.
- No roads or trails will be closed.
- Mount Bold Road may be impacted by smoke.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.