Prescribed burn at Mount Bold Reservoir
Date posted: 25 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at SA Water’s Mount Bold Reservoir Reserve, Mount Lofty Ranges, on Tuesday 26 September 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 11am and is likely to be completed by 6pm on Tuesday 26 September.
- The area to be burnt is 57 hectares, south of Lafferty Road and the Cherry Gardens ElectraNet Substation
- The burn will reduce fuel loads to SA Water land, south of the ElectraNet Substation
- It also aims to improve habitat for Chestnut Rumped Heathwrens
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially affecting Formby, Frith, Potter and Lafferty roads, as well as the Tom Roberts Horse Trail
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.