Prescribed burn at Morialta Conservation Park
Date posted: 21 Apr. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned in the Morialta Conservation Park in the Adelaide Mount Lofty Ranges on Monday, 24 April, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1:00pm on Monday, 24 April and is likely to be completed by 7:00pm.
- The area to be burnt is 59.4 hectares of land along the northwestern boundary of the park in Woodforde adjacent private property at the end of Spring Gully Road.
- This is a fuel hazard reduction burn.
- Rocky Hill Track including the Yurebilla Trail, and Moores Track will be closed to the public for the duration of the burn.
- The suburbs of Rostrevor, including Rostrevor College, and parts of Woodforde are likely to be impacted by smoke.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.