Prescribed burn at Millbrook Reservoir Reserve
Date posted: 30 Oct. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Millbrook Reservoir Reserve on Tuesday 31 October 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12:45pm and is likely to be completed by 6pm on Tuesday 31 October.
- The area to be burnt is 28.3 hectares on SA Water land adjacent North East Road.
- The burn is proposed to treat the fuels within the buffer & conservation zones which are adjacent North East Road.
- The burn will also provide landscape protection on the north-eastern side of the Millbrook Reservoir Reserve
- No roads or walking trails will be affected.
- Adelaide Gully Road and South Para Road may be impacted by smoke drifting across the area later in the day.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.