Prescribed burn at Millbrook Reservoir Reserve
Date posted: 27 Apr. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned 1km north of Cudlee Creek township in Millbrook Reservoir Reserve, adjacent to Tippett Road, in the Mount Lofty Ranges, on Thursday 28 April 2022, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will commence at 10:30am and is expected to be complete by 8pm.
- It will affect about 21.1 hectares.
- The objective of the burn is to reduce fuels loads to create a bushfire buffer around the SA Water Millbrook work depot and Mannum to Adelaide pipeline.
- Tippet Road will have a speed reduction in place to ensure safety of the public and firefighters whilst operation is undertaken.
- The Heysen Trail will be detoured around the site until declared safe.
- Newman Road to the north east of the burn site will be impacted by smoke.
- Some smoke and fire activity may be observed on the day and following the burn.
The burn will be carried out by NPWS as part of the Mt Lofty Ranges Fire Co-operative prescribed burn program. Local CFS Volunteers have been invited to attend. A crew will remain on site until it is safe to leave.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land.
Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.