Prescribed burn at Millbrook Reservoir
Date posted: 22 Nov. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Belair National Park on Thursday 23 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11am and is likely to be completed by 4pm on Thursday 23 November.
- The area to be burnt is 11.8 hectares on SA Water land between Millbrook Reservoir and Gorge Road near Cudlee Creek.
- The objective of the burn is to create a low fuel buffer adjacent to the
township of Cudlee Creek and the Mannum to Adelaide pipeline.
- No roads will be closed.
- Sunninghill Road, Tippett Road and Gorge Road may be affected bysmoke.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until it is safe.
NPWS SA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @EnviroSANews on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.