Prescribed burn at Millbrook Reservoir
Date posted: 16 Dec. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned on SA Water land at Millbrook Reservoir Reserve near Cuddly Creek in the Mt Lofty Ranges on Friday, 16 December, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 12:30pm and is likely to be completed by 6:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 20 hectares of land on the western side of the reservoir adjacent to Tilmouth Road.
- The objective of the burn is to create low fuel areas to reduce the risk of bushfires impacting the Millbrook Reservoir Reserve and the Cuddly Creek community.
- No roads will be closed during the burn.
- Tilmouth Road may be impacted by smoke.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.