Prescribed burn at Kenneth Stirling Conservation Park
Date posted: 22 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Filsell Hill, Kenneth Stirling Conservation Park in the Mount Lofty Ranges, on Saturday 23 September 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 2pm and is likely to be completed by 10pm on Saturday 23 September.
- The area to be burnt is 7.7 hectares at Proberts Track, Filsell Hill South and includes private land.
- This burn is part of a series of burns planned to reduce the risk of a fire burning through vegetation from Cherryville to Carey Gully and Balhannah.
- There will be no road closures.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially affecting Deviation Road and Greenhill Road.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.