Prescribed burn at Jupiter Creek
Date posted: 30 Oct. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Jupiter Creek Gold Diggings Reserve on Tuesday 31 October 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11am and is likely to be completed by 6pm on Tuesday 31 October 2023.
- The area to be burnt is 8.2 hectares within the reserve.
- This burn forms part of fuel management treatment to be undertaken across the reserve and surrounding areas to reduce the risk of bushfire to neighbouring properties.
- It will also allow the Department for Premier and Cabinet to conduct a risk assessment on several mine shafts within the reserve.
- No roads or walking trails will be affected.
- Smoke may drift across Berry Road to the east and possibly Rowe Road to the north.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.