Prescribed burn at Heathfield
Date posted: 18 Nov. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Heathfield (along Scott Creek Road and Walker Avenue) on private land on Friday 18 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1.00pm and is likely to be completed by 8:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 2.4 hectares of private land to the east of Mark Oliphant Conservation Park.
- This burn aims to reduce the significant risks of bushfire impacting on numerous dwellings along Scott Creek Road and Walker Avenue.
- The speed limit on Scott Creek Road will be reduced to 25km/hr and traffic will be restricted to one lane.
- Smoke could impact Scott Creek Road and Walker Avenue.
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.