Prescribed burn at Filsell Hill
Date posted: 12 Sep. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Filsell Hill on Wednesday 13 September 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 11am and is likely to be completed by 10pm on Wednesday 13 September 2023.
- The area to be burnt is 5 hectares on private land 500m north of Greenhill Road.
- The burn will be near the southern boundary of Kenneth Stirling Conservation Park (Filsell Hill block).
- This is one of a series of planned burns which aim to reduce the bushfire risk to the communities of Forest Range and Carey Gully.
- No roads will be closed.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially impacting on Ostigh Road and Greenhill Road.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe
NPWSSA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.