Prescribed burn at Crafers West
Date posted: 14 Nov. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned at Crafers West on Wednesday 15 November 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 10:30am and is likely to be completed by 5pm on Wednesday 15 November 2023.
- The area to be burnt is 5 hectares on private land on Sheoak Road.
- The burn is located across four private properties on the northern side of the road.
- This burn is part of a series of prescribed burns which aim to reduce the risk of bushfire impacting on Sheoak Road dwellings.
- Speed restrictions will be in place during the ignition phase of the burn.
- Sheoak Road may be impacted by smoke.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until it is safe.
NPWS SA conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhance biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.