Prescribed burn at Crafers West
Date posted: 18 Oct. 2023
A prescribed burn is planned in Crafers West, in the Mt Lofty Ranges, on
Thursday 19 October 2023, weather conditions permitting.
- The burn will start at 8.45am and is likely to be completed by noon on
Thursday 19 October..
- The area to be burnt is 1.9 hectares on private land, south of Hawk Hill Rd and north of Emmett Rd.
- It is part of a series of prescribed burns that aim to reduce the risk of a
bushfire affecting the community of Crafers West.
- A single-lane road closure and speed restrictions will be in place
between 18 and 42 Emmett Rd for the duration of the burn.
- Smoke could remain in the area for some time, potentially affecting
- National Parks and Wildlife Service crews will remain on site until safe.
NPWS South Australia conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAEnvirWater on X (formerly Twitter).
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.