Prescribed burn at Crafers West
Date posted: 25 Nov. 2022
A prescribed burn is planned at Crafers West in the Mt Lofty Ranges on Friday, 25 November, weather conditions permitting.
- The prescribed burn will start at 1:00pm and is likely to be completed by 5:00pm the same day.
- The area to be burnt is 7.6 hectares of land along the northern face of the ridgeline between Emmett Road and Charlick Road in Crafers West.
- This burn is part of a series of prescribed burns which aim to reduce the risk of bushfire impacting on the community of Crafers West.
- There will be no road closures during the burn.
- Emmett Road, Charlick Road and Wyly Lane may be impacted by smoke.
NPWS conducts a statewide program of prescribed burns to reduce the spread and intensity of bushfires, protect communities and enhances biodiversity. Prescribed burning is just one tool used to reduce fuel loads across strategic areas of public and private land. Prescribed burns will only be carried out when it is deemed safe to do so and may be cancelled at short notice if conditions change.
For the most up-to-date information on prescribed burns follow @SAENVIRWATER on Twitter.
A list of planned prescribed burns is available on the DEW website.